Monday 15 February 2016

Presentation and activity 9.3

Everything in me, having done my presentation, wanted to breathe a sigh of relief and then take a week off. However, the End of Module Assignment (EMA) is due in on 3rd March, so I've returned to the module activities.
  1. Having looked at the preparation material for the conference and the type of sessions outlined, you may wish to revisit and revise the criteria for review identified in Activity 7.2. For example, you may wish to add some questions or criteria related to the content or format of that session.
  2. As a final test of your own work, apply your review criteria to your own presentation.
I have begun to feel quite okay about reviewing other people's work in a public forum. I've always been quite happy to reflect on my own work but committing my self-review to paper (or screen) feels a little scary... but here goes! I've decided to use a rating system which I most familiar with, thanks to Ofsted.


Criteria Content or presentation Rating
1-outstanding
2 - good
3 - requires improvement
4 - inadequate
Comment
Did the presentation supply what was called for?
Content
2
I think my presentation gave a good overview of my project, its background, work so far and the artefact. 
Was it accurate?
Did it demonstrate understanding?
Content
2
It is really difficult to self-review this. I think it was accurate and demonstrated understanding but then I am assuming that my understanding of the topic is correct. Would I know if it wasn't?
Were the elements of the materials used appropriately to deliver the message or fulfil the purpose? Presentation
3
I felt limited here by the software. Our presentations could only be prepared in PowerPoint and without using anything beyond basic features. I lacked the courage to risk using the Webtour feature.
Stylistically, was it appropriate for the specified audience? Presentation
2
This felt like something of an unknown, right up until the day. Having watching all the other presentations though, we were all pretty much along the same lines.
Was it at an appropriate technical level? Presentation
2
I tried to explain terms that are not commonly used, including acronyms.
Was the message clear? Presentation
1
When I began preparing this presentation and the project, very few of my H818 colleagues knew about This is quite a complex concept and is often misunderstood, even by teachers in FE. I think I explained it in such a way that it could be understood by all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicki

    Using Ofsted grading made me smile. I considered doing the same, however, not sure I know enough about reviewing to be able to grade that precisely at the moment.

    I don't think it personally matters what elements were used, (although it seemed sensible to go minimal with the tools used). I'm hanging on phrase 'used appropriately' for the message. Your presentation was very clearly delivering a message and this message wouldn't have been enhanced by seeing the live webtour. The screen shots you showed and examples you used communicated this message well.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Anita. As well as the overall aim of giving an interesting and informative presentation, my main goal was to explain and clarify the RARPA process in relation to the ILP. I'm glad you felt that I communicated my message well. I'm currently trying to write my EMA and I'm up to the part about the 'effectiveness of presentation'. It's really hard going!

    ReplyDelete